Tuesday, December 4, 2012

chocolate cake shots


There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go. - Richard Bach

Life has a funny way of making one realize what is important. The old adage of not knowing what one values, unless it’s far away from them is- really- true. The last few months have made me realize the same. Only through my last trip, I have had the opportunity to apprehend what I have, how lucky I am to have it, and that despite failures and troubles- Life is good.
Sometimes one does accomplish a few Good things, even by making mistakes- and this pending recipe is in line with my thoughts, just perfect for this post.

Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.
Steve Jobs

And that’s exactly what I did. I had tried a new recipe for a chocolate cake- hoping to find that perfect chocolate cake. The cake turned out to be a disappointment- The taste was perfect- but it just crumbled its way through. An imperfect cake recipe, set grounds for innovation. Instead of serving it in the traditional manner, with some ice-cream, I decided to make some cake shots. For handy desserts- this is a great recipe that I will surely repeat- with hopefully a more perfect cake.

Leftover Chocolate Cake or any imperfect chocolate
Vanilla Ice-cream
Chocolate Chips
Some Ice-cream Sticks/Spoons
 
Mix a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream with 2 Tablespoons of cake per serving. Add Chocolate chips.
(avoid Mixing Rigorously).
Pour in Shot glasses- add a stick and freeze. Scoop Out and serve.




p.s. I have intentionally left out the cake recipe (since it didn’t work), despite some wonderfully documented photographs.

7 comments:

  1. Shots will just hit the spot. Thanks.
    http://madscientistskitchen.blogspot.in/2012/11/announcing-kids-delight-story-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How your blog keeps me going and makes me gain so much virtual weight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to come and taste some stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can't go wrong with icecream and chocolate cake. I love the idea of the shot glass. It makes for a guilt free serving size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Didi. Most desserts should be sized for guilt free servings

    ReplyDelete