Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chocolate and Strawberry Cake


Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.
- Randall G Leighton

No- this blog has not died yet. At least, not as of now. And Yes, I Know it’s been a while since I posted.
A lot happened since the last cake that I baked, and it’s almost after a month and a half that I baked something today. And while going through the camera, I found this. I realized that I must post this wonderful cake that I had baked early on for a New Year celebration, simply because it looks so pretty.  Also, it being Valentine’s, which I’m not really much of a believer in- This cake is perfect for those who would want to indulge in the reds and strawberries and the chocolate.  I adapted the Sponge Recipe from Passionate AboutBaking- one of my favourite blogs, and did the icing myself from a unique trial and test that I have done over the years. A must try, very simple to bake, this cake disappears sooner than one would imagine- the cousins for whom it was made, finished it within 24 hours. Serve it with some whipped cream or a scoop of Vanilla or simply have a slice by itself.
Most often, despite the troubles, it is only the simple things that add joy to our life.

For the Sponge: See Passionate About Baking

For the Icing,
100g of cooking chocolate
200 g cream (chilled)
½ teaspoon Vanilla
2 Tablespoons Icing Sugar
Melt the chocolate by double boiling, or in a microwave. As soon as its off the heat, add cream, sugar and vanilla. Mix well and start icing the cake.



2 comments:

  1. How would we do a dark chocolate icing. Is there a high cacao content cocoa out there? Imagine that with fresh rasberries on top...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Rasberries would be perfect. This was with normal cooking chocolate with about 70% cacao content.

    ReplyDelete